Saturday, July 10, 2010

Joysey


The less-glamorous City of Sin, thousands of miles from the better one and known as Atlantic City, has been on my mind a fair amount lately. I recently saw Louis Malle's Atlantic City and will never look at lemons OR Susan Sarandon the same ever again. Not long after watching that movie, I almost got a freelance job working at a hotel in Atlantic City for a couple weeks and I am still pretty disappointed that didn't come through.

Now, there is a Marty Scorsese-directed HBO pilot for a new show about Atlantic City in the 1920s, when it was cool, written by Soprano's alum Terence Winter, starring Steve Buscemi, Michael Pitt, and Michael Shannon.

I might have to break down and get cable so I can fully immerse myself in Atlantic City at its peak (and catch up on Treme, climb aboard the Mad Men train...) .

The trailer for Boardwalk Empire, after the jump:



_

No comments: