Monday, July 5, 2010

Does This Surprise Anybody?

LOS ANGELES — "Ferris Bueller" actor Jeffrey Jones was charged Wednesday with failing to update his sex offender registration status, authorities said.

He pleaded no contest in 2003 in Los Angeles to a felony charge of employing a 14-year-old boy to pose for sexually explicit photos.

It is the second time the actor has been arrested for failing to keep his sex offender status current. He was arrested in Florida in 2004 for the same offense.
(courtesy HuffPo)
Oh, Mr. Rooney...I wish I could say I never saw this coming, but I actually wrote the following in my journal (the one with the mermaid riding the unicorn on the cover--a personal favorite) on September 25, 1987:
Mr. Rooney is funny, but in a creepy way. I felt the same thing when watching Amadeus at Gerald's sixth birthday party. Not that anybody asked, but if put on the spot, I would probably vote him 'Celebrity I Would Be Least-Excited About Sharing a Hot Tub With' and I would not be surprised in the least should he one day be arrested for failing to update his sex offender status, seven years after paying a 14-year-old boy to pose for gritty nude photographs intended for his illicit arousal.
Yes, then as now, I was quite the precocious young smart-ass.

Is it still adorable?

_

No comments: