Wednesday, July 29, 2009

At the Nursing Home, with Rex Reed


I'm sure there are more than a few contenders out there for Most Scathing Movie Review Ever, but I think Rex Reed's Funny People bitchfest has got to have a place near the top (near a few others of his, I'm sure).

Not that I'm trying to defend the movie (haven't seen it, probably never will), but how many movie critics are getting fired these days and this 70 year-old hack still has a job?

If Rex hates Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Jason Schwartzman, and Judd Apatow so much...why did he see this movie? Why did his employers let such an overwhelmingly biased person review this movie? Why not send him to see that cuddly G-Force turd instead?

And send these guys to Funny People:


At least their negativity and sarcasm would be funny!

Still not sure who Rex Reed is? Well, here are a few more photos to clue you in:


This guy hates smut and John Waters? Wha? Why? I mean, I ain't no John Waters fan, for sure, but I like the fact that he makes movies, because there is a definite audience for his work. And don't get me started on smut...I live for it.

I guess ole Rex only has enough love for himself, as proved by this self-indulgent photo from 1969, in Malibu...

Maybe if Apatow wants more favorable reviews, he should put Mr. Reed up at a beach house for the summer and send him a steady supply of LaBeoufs. Play the game, dig?

Apatow at the bat: updates to follow...

_

No comments: