Tuesday, April 8, 2008

If You Liked Sideways...

..if spunky Ellen Page cracked your shit up in Juno...

...if you think your sensibilities are similar to those of this man, commercial director Noam Murro...
(photo courtesy of viewimage)

...if you've been waiting for a newer, slightly different, slightly worse version of Wonder Boys for eight years now...

...then you'll probably go see Smart People this weekend...
...and I will hate you forever!

One question I have for the producer of the movie, who, incidentally, also produced Sideways--were Paul Giamatti and Virginia Madsen not available for the Dennis Quaid/Sarah Jessica Parker roles? Or did you burn some bridges, bub? I mean, come on--'crusty English professor/widower' and 'sexy, but respectable, former student who now works as a doctor in an ER?' Don't tell me you didn't try to get them onboard for this barnbuster! Was Giamatti's face irrevocably frozen into a frown after John Adams? Did now-forgotten Virginia Madsen not skew young enough?

Hmmm...I don't know...maybe I shouldn't be knocking this one; I mean, it did get into Sundance, so it must be super good and 'indie'...

No comments: